By Brother John Raymond
A Monthly Column written for The National Catholic Register Newspaper Arts &
- Hello...This is Your Computer Calling
- Several Strings Attached: Free Internet Service Usually Comes
with a Catch
- A Few Bytes of Prevention: Why anti-virus software is a must
for browsers and e-mailers
- Your Best Defense Against Online Offense: Counter
Odious Web Content With Well-Aimed e-Mail
- Computers as Creative Collaborators: Making Movies
and Music the Digital Way
- It's a Jumble Out There: Don't Let Your Children
Get Lost in Cyberspace
- How to Discern Online Deceit: Information and
Misinformation Often Site Side by Side on 'Catholic' Web Sites
- No Rest for the Frugal: Is the Web's Well of
Freebies Running Dry?
- Who Stole My Web Site? Unguarded Web Addresses Are
Vulnerable to Domain Theft
- Hello Web, Goodbye Busy Signal: Mean Business?
Maybe You Need Bandwidth
- What's in a (Domain) Name? Coming Soon to a
Computer Near You: Extension Choices Galore
- Give the Internet Credit: It's Safe to Charge
Online - Just Be Sure You Trust the Seller
- Shop Till You Drop Without Ever Leaving Your Seat: The Pros
and Cons of Online Shopping
- Banner Ads: Bane of the Web Experience - How Not to Let
Pushy Sales Pitches Drive You Offline
- Quick Fix or Protracted Problem? What to do When Your
Computeror Someone Else'sBreaks Down
- Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Virtual Snow
and How Secure, is Your E-mail?
- Baptizing the Internet: The Pope Knows the Web
- The More Online, the Merrier: How to Get Everyone Connected
Under One Roof
- Theives Lurk in the Shadows Online
- Tempted by the Fruit of Another Identity?
- Why Catholics Belong on the Internet
- Pop-Up Advertising: Don't Get Mad - Get Filtered
- The Web Doctor Will See You Now - Or Anytime
- Thou Shalt Not Steal Goes Digital
- Online Voting for the Rest of Us: Internet-based 'Virtual
Booths' Are on the Way
- They're Coming to Sell You: Marketers Have the Goods on You.
What Can You Do About It?
- Stuff to Sell, Places to Work: Online Classifieds
- Search the World and Never Leave Your Seat
- Meanwhile, Down on the Blog...
- Who Put the Cookies in Your Computer?
- Virtual Tennis, Anyone? Computer Games Come of Age
- Talking to Your Computer
- Old Computers Never Die - They Just Change Owners
- Warning! Virus Attached (Maybe)
- Smile! You're on Digital Camera
- The Pros and Cons of Instant Messaging
- When Virtually in Rome...Surfing the Vatican's Newly Dynamic
- I'm a Person - Not a Product
- Prayer, Contemplation, Study - and a Booming Business
- Today's Computers: Simple Enough for a 4-Year-Old...but you
can't make heads or tails of them, so go get a 4-year-old
- From the Monitor to the Monastery: Vocations' Recruitment
Goes Online - And Doesn't Stop There
- Defeat the Dark Side of '24/7' Devices
- Is Your Computer Spying on You?
- Any Web Port in a Storm? Considering Computers in the Wake
of Hurricane Charley
- I, Computer: Just How Smart Will Our Machines Get?
- My Computer, the Bookkeeper: It's Never Too Soon to Start
Letting Your Computer do the Heavy Lifting on Satisfying the IRS
- Computer Storage
- Hello? Hello? Are We Really Talking Over the Web?
- This Year's Book on Catholic Blogs
- Move Over Microsoft - There's a New Browser About: A Look at
Mozilla Firefox, the New Kid on the Web-browser Block
- All the News That's Fit to Ignore: Beware Information
- Shop Until Your 'Buddy' Drops
- Whither Wireless? Know the Risks Before You Toss Your Cords
- Self-Help for the Computer-Challenged
- Cable, DSL or Fiber?
- Biofeedback via Computer?